CSIRT-MU is cybersecurity team of Masaryk University
It is part of the Institute of Computer Science and it consists of three groups:
Basic information about our team
• CSIRT-MU was founded in May 2009.
• We were accredited by Trusted Introducer in 2011 and on 5th December 2016 we were also certified.
• We protect computer network of Masaryk University, more specifically:
• all IPv4 adresses in range 22.214.171.124/16,
• all IPv6 adresses in range 2001:718:801::/48,
• and domain muni.cz.
• Our competencies are formally stated in the Rector's Directive No. 9/2017 Administration of information technology and No. 10/2017 Use of information technology.
• We cooperate on cybersecurity projects with public and private sector. The subject of projects is research and devolopment in cybersecurity.
• For an example in cooperation with National Security Authority we created unique cyber exercise and research platform called KYPO.
• We are also involved in academic activities.
• We conduct applied research.
• We educate students in our own courses.
• We also regularly attend academic conferences.
• Our goal is to contribute to higher level of cyber security in the Czech Republic and the world.