Users education is also an important activity for our team. Here are some tips on preventing security incidents. In addition to some basic advice, we will also introduce you to the Cybercompass course, prepared for you by CSIRT-MU experts.
The Cybersecurity Team of Masaryk University has also prepared a cybersecurity basics course for you. We chose practical information and prepared understandable guides, thanks to which you’ll act responsibly in cyberspace. Invest in yourself and gain knowledge that the university, employers, and you will truly appreciate and use.
Basic advice on preventing security incidents
On this page, we also provide advice on the safe use of IT and internet to help you actively prevent the threats you face in your day-to-day activities in cyberspace. The basic principle is not to underestimate prevention.
- Select hard-to-guess passwords.
- Do not repeat the same passwords, you can use the password manager.
- Regularly back up your most important data, ideally in multiple places.
- Always keep updated your operating system, software and also activated anti-malware.
- Think critically - the internet is full of fraudsters.